You Decide: Who Should Be on Our Next Cover?
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2014 2:10 PM ET
The Advocate is giving readers the power to choose who will grace its next cover.
The candidates for this distinction are this year's "40 Under 40" honorees that were unveiled this week: Frank Mugisha, Nate Silver, Tyler Oakley, CeCe McDonald, Mary Lambert, Brittney Griner, Janet Mock, as well as YouTube couples Bria Kam & Chrissy Chambers and Will Shepherd & R.J. Aguiar.
Representing sports, media, entertainment, and activism, these candidates have made major strides toward advancing LGBT equality in their respective fields, and are all worthy contenders to be the face of this year's "40 Under 40" theme, "Emerging Voices."
But only one (or, in the case of the YouTube couples, four) can represent The Advocate and the next generation of leaders on its next digital edition. Who should it be? You decide. Vote for your favorite by Liking their Facebook photo below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love