AFA Boycotting Pro-Gay Home Depot
BY Neal Broverman
July 23 2010 5:35 PM ET
The antigay American Family Association is targeting Home Depot because the retail chain sponsored pride festivals and offers domestic-partner benefits to its employees.
JoeMyGod reports the AFA has launched a formal boycott, urging its members to stop shopping at Home Depot stores. The AFA website includes the two images, shown above, including the picture with children that is allegedly from a pride festival.
According to the AFA: "The flags in these Home Depot cups promote a gay website which proclaims itself as 'the men's social group for men who have sex with men.' The cups were given to children by The Home Depot gay parade marchers, while homosexual activists followed up by introducing them to gay sex websites. The Home Depot has no problem aligning itself with gay activist groups who target children with a pro-homosexual message."
The AFA takes umbrage with Home Depot sponsoring Pride events in Nashville and Durham, N.C., as well as offering domestic-partner benefits to its employees. The AFA also tries to incite ire by pointing out Home Depot offers insurance benefits that cover gender reassignment surgery.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 23 min 13 sec ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 1 hour 30 min ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM