AFA Boycotting Pro-Gay Home Depot
BY Neal Broverman
July 23 2010 5:35 PM ET
The antigay American Family Association is targeting Home Depot because the retail chain sponsored pride festivals and offers domestic-partner benefits to its employees.
JoeMyGod reports the AFA has launched a formal boycott, urging its members to stop shopping at Home Depot stores. The AFA website includes the two images, shown above, including the picture with children that is allegedly from a pride festival.
According to the AFA: "The flags in these Home Depot cups promote a gay website which proclaims itself as 'the men's social group for men who have sex with men.' The cups were given to children by The Home Depot gay parade marchers, while homosexual activists followed up by introducing them to gay sex websites. The Home Depot has no problem aligning itself with gay activist groups who target children with a pro-homosexual message."
The AFA takes umbrage with Home Depot sponsoring Pride events in Nashville and Durham, N.C., as well as offering domestic-partner benefits to its employees. The AFA also tries to incite ire by pointing out Home Depot offers insurance benefits that cover gender reassignment surgery.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality