AFA Boycotting Pro-Gay Home Depot
BY Neal Broverman
July 23 2010 5:35 PM ET
The antigay American Family Association is targeting Home Depot because the retail chain sponsored pride festivals and offers domestic-partner benefits to its employees.
JoeMyGod reports the AFA has launched a formal boycott, urging its members to stop shopping at Home Depot stores. The AFA website includes the two images, shown above, including the picture with children that is allegedly from a pride festival.
According to the AFA: "The flags in these Home Depot cups promote a gay website which proclaims itself as 'the men's social group for men who have sex with men.' The cups were given to children by The Home Depot gay parade marchers, while homosexual activists followed up by introducing them to gay sex websites. The Home Depot has no problem aligning itself with gay activist groups who target children with a pro-homosexual message."
The AFA takes umbrage with Home Depot sponsoring Pride events in Nashville and Durham, N.C., as well as offering domestic-partner benefits to its employees. The AFA also tries to incite ire by pointing out Home Depot offers insurance benefits that cover gender reassignment surgery.
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Hudson Raises Her Voice for Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene