The Trans Characters That Changed TV and Film
BY Matt Kane of GLAAD
November 19 2012 1:30 PM ET
Ma Vie en Rose (My Life in Pink) (1997)
When this French film was released in 1997, gender-nonconforming children were still an unknown or controversial topic for most audiences. But this humane and beautifully shot story of a young child who identifies as a girl despite community and family pressure to conform struck a powerful chord with critics and viewers alike.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'