The Trans Characters That Changed TV and Film
BY Matt Kane of GLAAD
November 19 2012 12:30 PM ET
Ma Vie en Rose (My Life in Pink) (1997)
When this French film was released in 1997, gender-nonconforming children were still an unknown or controversial topic for most audiences. But this humane and beautifully shot story of a young child who identifies as a girl despite community and family pressure to conform struck a powerful chord with critics and viewers alike.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'