The Trans Characters That Changed TV and Film
BY Matt Kane of GLAAD
November 19 2012 1:30 PM ET
Southern Comfort (2002)
There have been many documentary films about the experiences of transgender people over the years, but Southern Comfort remains one of the most personal and the most unusual. Chronicling the life of trans man Robert Eads, the film follows Eads as he falls in love with a transgender woman named Lola before eventually succumbing to terminal cancer.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown