The Trans Characters That Changed TV and Film
BY Matt Kane of GLAAD
November 19 2012 1:30 PM ET
Southern Comfort (2002)
There have been many documentary films about the experiences of transgender people over the years, but Southern Comfort remains one of the most personal and the most unusual. Chronicling the life of trans man Robert Eads, the film follows Eads as he falls in love with a transgender woman named Lola before eventually succumbing to terminal cancer.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival