The Trans Characters That Changed TV and Film
BY Matt Kane of GLAAD
November 19 2012 1:30 PM ET
Southern Comfort (2002)
There have been many documentary films about the experiences of transgender people over the years, but Southern Comfort remains one of the most personal and the most unusual. Chronicling the life of trans man Robert Eads, the film follows Eads as he falls in love with a transgender woman named Lola before eventually succumbing to terminal cancer.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Harvey Milk Day: First Park in Nation Named for Rights Pioneer 6 min 15 sec ago
- Entertainment News Karl Lagerfeld's Cat Has A Better Life Than You 39 min 58 sec ago
- Health News AIDS Deaths Plummet In Africa 42 min 54 sec ago
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 53 min 22 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 1 hour 6 min ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 1 hour 14 min ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 56 min ago