The Trans Characters That Changed TV and Film
BY Matt Kane of GLAAD
November 19 2012 1:30 PM ET
Still the high bar for films or television programs concerning transgender lives, Sundance Channel’s TransGeneration was an eight-part documentary series that followed the lives of four transgender young people making their way through college. Beyond examining the emotional and medical realities at different stages of transition, the series emphasized the very human experiences these young adults were going through, including family drama, academic stresses, and their hopes and dreams for the future.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor