PHOTOS: The Costumes of New York Comic Con
BY Jase Peeples
October 14 2013 5:00 AM ET
Lovers of pop culture from around the globe descended on the Javits Convention Center in New York City over the weekend for the annual geektastic celebration known as New York Comic Con.
The convention is the second largest of its kind in the U.S. and the biggest to be found each year on the East Coast. Throughout the four-day-event cosplayers could be found throughout the halls, rocking a creative kaleidoscope of costumes — ranging from the hottest heroes and sci-fi favorites to gender-bending mutants and one-of-a-kind characters.
On the followng pages, take a look at a few of our favorite costumed fans who celebrated the Big Apple’s 2013 event in style.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule