Celebrate Bent-Con With 7 Great LGBTQ Graphic Novels
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
November 09 2013 8:04 AM ET
Anything That Loves, Edited by Charles Zan Christensen (Northwest Press)
A 200-page anthology of bisexuality in comics, Anything That Loves was funded in part by a Kickstarter campaign and features work from well-known cartoonists like Adam Pruett, Erika Moen, Nick Leonard, and Tania Walker. The vignettes are quite varied and provide a wide range of characters in both sexual and nonsexual experiences (including dealing with biphobia both in and out of the LGBT community). Like any anthology some work is better than others, but as a whole it does a great job of demonstrating the complexity and diversity of bisexual experiences — and their reflection in comics.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law