Andy's Eye Candy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2014 4:00 AM ET
More than 100 of Andy Warhol's photographs, prints, and drawings of the male nude are up for bid.
A June sale at Christie’s of the artist's work, sourced directly from the collection of the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, are an insight into Warhol’s most exclusive and intimate world. The majority of them have never been seen in public.
Bidding in the curated sale, titled "Andy’s Eye Candy," began on Thursday and ends at noon Eastern on June 10. Learn more at http://www.christies.com/warhol.
Many of the pieces found at the Christies.com auction contain mature subject matter, including artwork containing nudity and sexual conduct. A selection of the less explicit art is on the following pages.
All images are courtesy of the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts Inc.
Ladies and Gentlemen (See F. & S. II.135), screenprint in colors on paper, 32 1/4 x 26 in. (81.9 x 66 cm.), executed in 1975, estimate: $15,000-$20,000
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Newlywed Photos That Will Make Kim Davis's Head Spin