WATCH: Wachowskis Raise Funds for Chicago's TransLife Center
BY Parker Marie Molloy
August 05 2014 12:12 PM ET UPDATED: August 05 2014 1:28 PM ET
On Saturday, siblings Lana and Andy Wachowski welcomed a few dozen visitors to their 20,000-square-foot production studio for TransReelization: An Evening of Film at Kinowerks Studio, a benefit for the Chicago House's TransLife Center.
Guests were treated to a short film series, which featured a number of trans-related shorts, curated by Mickey R. Mahoney and Chicago House board member Karin Winslow. Additionally, VIP guests were given a tour of the expansive space, led by the Wachowskis, and were given a behind-the-scenes look at the siblings' 2015 release Jupiter Ascending.
Chicago House CEO Stan Sloan presented an award to departing TransLife Center director Bonn Wade, and announced that local advocate Josie Paul will be succeeding Wade in that role.
The night's film selection centered on short documentaries, and included an extended trailer for the crowdfunded Miss Major film, MAJOR!
Watch clips from the selected films below, and see photos from the event here.
I am a Girl!
Black is Blue (trailer)
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- WATCH: Will Ian McKellen Marry Derek Jacobi?
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- 5 Most Disappointing Things We Learned About HRC's 'White Men's Club'