WATCH: Wachowskis Raise Funds for Chicago's TransLife Center
BY Parker Marie Molloy
August 05 2014 12:12 PM ET UPDATED: August 05 2014 1:28 PM ET
On Saturday, siblings Lana and Andy Wachowski welcomed a few dozen visitors to their 20,000-square-foot production studio for TransReelization: An Evening of Film at Kinowerks Studio, a benefit for the Chicago House's TransLife Center.
Guests were treated to a short film series, which featured a number of trans-related shorts, curated by Mickey R. Mahoney and Chicago House board member Karin Winslow. Additionally, VIP guests were given a tour of the expansive space, led by the Wachowskis, and were given a behind-the-scenes look at the siblings' 2015 release Jupiter Ascending.
Chicago House CEO Stan Sloan presented an award to departing TransLife Center director Bonn Wade, and announced that local advocate Josie Paul will be succeeding Wade in that role.
The night's film selection centered on short documentaries, and included an extended trailer for the crowdfunded Miss Major film, MAJOR!
Watch clips from the selected films below, and see photos from the event here.
I am a Girl!
Black is Blue (trailer)
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series