WATCH: Wachowskis Raise Funds for Chicago's TransLife Center
BY Parker Marie Molloy
August 05 2014 12:12 PM ET UPDATED: August 05 2014 1:28 PM ET
On Saturday, siblings Lana and Andy Wachowski welcomed a few dozen visitors to their 20,000-square-foot production studio for TransReelization: An Evening of Film at Kinowerks Studio, a benefit for the Chicago House's TransLife Center.
Guests were treated to a short film series, which featured a number of trans-related shorts, curated by Mickey R. Mahoney and Chicago House board member Karin Winslow. Additionally, VIP guests were given a tour of the expansive space, led by the Wachowskis, and were given a behind-the-scenes look at the siblings' 2015 release Jupiter Ascending.
Chicago House CEO Stan Sloan presented an award to departing TransLife Center director Bonn Wade, and announced that local advocate Josie Paul will be succeeding Wade in that role.
The night's film selection centered on short documentaries, and included an extended trailer for the crowdfunded Miss Major film, MAJOR!
Watch clips from the selected films below, and see photos from the event here.
I am a Girl!
Black is Blue (trailer)
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'