WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance
BY Lucas Grindley
August 30 2014 12:14 PM ET
Out choreographer Travis Wall is getting praise for bringing the first same-sex partner dance to So You Think You Can Dance this week.
Wall teased the choreography on Twitter before it aired, promising "This piece is so special to my heart." And after the live show, praise poured in from activists and even Jason Collins, the NBA's first out player, who called it "an amazing opening" to Wednesday's show.
Wall, wearing a "Create Love, Destroy Hate" T-shirt, thanked the four dancers who performed.
Watch the video below:
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself