WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance
BY Lucas Grindley
August 30 2014 12:14 PM ET
Out choreographer Travis Wall is getting praise for bringing the first same-sex partner dance to So You Think You Can Dance this week.
Wall teased the choreography on Twitter before it aired, promising "This piece is so special to my heart." And after the live show, praise poured in from activists and even Jason Collins, the NBA's first out player, who called it "an amazing opening" to Wednesday's show.
Wall, wearing a "Create Love, Destroy Hate" T-shirt, thanked the four dancers who performed.
Watch the video below:
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback