WATCH: Celebrities Wish Happy 45th Anniversary
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2012 7:10 PM ET
Out performers such as Sean Maher, Ross Mathews, and Bruce Vilanch were joined by allies such as attorney Gloria Allred, GCB star Mark Deklin, and Traci Lords in celebrating The Advocate's 45th anniversary.
The gala event, hosted by Mathews and featuring a performance by Macy Gray, was held in Los Angeles on March 29. On the red carpet prior to the beginning of the party, many celebrities walked the red carpet to acknowledge the impact of the publication and offer warm greetings for the milestone anniversary. Among them was Pat Rocco, a pioneering gay filmmaker, who flew in from Hawaii to be saluted as one The Advocate's Hall of Fame honorees, and recalled the early days of the publication. Betty DeGeneres attended to help pay tribute to her daughter Ellen, who was also honored in the magazine's Hall of Fame, as was Donna Deitch, director of Desert Hearts. Comedian Tommy Davidson shared that he attended the event to support his lesbian daughter. Actor Maher joked that we don't look a day over 39. Others who offered good wishes include Rev. Troy Perry, actresses Traci Lords and Renee Olstead, as well as popular comic actor Drew Droege.
Watch the video salutes below below.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 2 hours 23 min ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM