BY Albert Smith
January 22 2010 2:00 PM ET
Tyrus Rochell Townsend was born in 1977 in North Carolina and studied at both the University of North Carolina in Charlotte and Georgia State University in Atlanta. A freelance writer whose work has appeared in the The Advocate, Crème Magazine, and Essence.com, Tyrus runs and operates I.HEART.ART and The Noir Arts gallery sites. As editor in chief of Bleu Magazine, Tyrus is responsible for introducing and connecting the urban man to arts, culture, and fashion nationally and internationally. Since 2005, Tyrus has been experimenting with 35-millimeter photography and has produced such series as 'The Red Bike Diaries," "The Graffiti Files," The Bars," and more. HIs works can be found in private collections throughout the United States. He lives and works in Harlem.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death