BY Albert Smith
January 22 2010 2:00 PM ET
Tyrus Rochell Townsend was born in 1977 in North Carolina and studied at both the University of North Carolina in Charlotte and Georgia State University in Atlanta. A freelance writer whose work has appeared in the The Advocate, Crème Magazine, and Essence.com, Tyrus runs and operates I.HEART.ART and The Noir Arts gallery sites. As editor in chief of Bleu Magazine, Tyrus is responsible for introducing and connecting the urban man to arts, culture, and fashion nationally and internationally. Since 2005, Tyrus has been experimenting with 35-millimeter photography and has produced such series as 'The Red Bike Diaries," "The Graffiti Files," The Bars," and more. HIs works can be found in private collections throughout the United States. He lives and works in Harlem.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times