BY Albert Smith
January 22 2010 2:00 PM ET
Tyrus Rochell Townsend was born in 1977 in North Carolina and studied at both the University of North Carolina in Charlotte and Georgia State University in Atlanta. A freelance writer whose work has appeared in the The Advocate, Crème Magazine, and Essence.com, Tyrus runs and operates I.HEART.ART and The Noir Arts gallery sites. As editor in chief of Bleu Magazine, Tyrus is responsible for introducing and connecting the urban man to arts, culture, and fashion nationally and internationally. Since 2005, Tyrus has been experimenting with 35-millimeter photography and has produced such series as 'The Red Bike Diaries," "The Graffiti Files," The Bars," and more. HIs works can be found in private collections throughout the United States. He lives and works in Harlem.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 31 min 5 sec ago
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM