Artist Spotlight: Ross Watson
BY Albert Smith
December 04 2010 5:00 AM ET
Ross Watson's career as an artist began 25 years ago in Melbourne, Australia. He has since exhibited in London, Berlin, Sydney, and Los Angeles and participated in group exhibitions, including important surveys of Australian and international art at the National Gallery of Australia, the National Portrait Gallery, and the Toronto International Art Fair.
He lives in Melbourne with his partner, Stephen Morgan, who is the director of an art gallery dedicated exclusively to Watson's art, whose visitors include collectors such as Sir Elton John.
Recent highlights of Watson's career include his Cologne Gay Games VIII exhibition, which attracted record attendance, and the publication of of Untitled # Ross Watson, which includes a foreword by Mark Henderson, an art historian formerly with the Getty Center in Los Angeles, and an interview by Michael Kirby, Australia's longest-serving High Court judge.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Antigay Ark. Rally Eclipsed by Protesters Shouting 'Love Is Love'
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise