Artist Spotlight: Bradford Rogne
BY Albert Smith
December 18 2010 4:00 AM ET
Originally from Northern California, Bradford Rogne discovered his passion for photography at 15 and hasn't put his camera down since. He spent several years shooting in San Francisco and New York before opening his studio in downtown Los Angeles in 2004. With a focus on fashion, publicity, and music, Bradford has had the opportunity to shoot for many well-known publications and TV personalities. Bradford currently resides in West Hollywood and continues to allow the city he loves inspire him, leading to him to the next great project.
The Advocate: Why are you a photographer?
Bradford Rogne: Photography inspires me like nothing else. The feeling I get when I take my vision from concept to creation can't be matched. I'm truly lucky to have made a career out of something I enjoy so much.
What catches your eye?
I love fun, kitschy locations, colorful clothes and accessories, glam girls, and beautiful guys.
How do you choose your subjects?
My subjects always choose me. From personal projects to clients, the perfect subject or model will always end up in my path. If someone contacts me that inspires me, I do my best to incorporate them into one of my current projects.
How do you describe your work?
I love colorful and rich images, so my work tends to reflect that. Strong lighting from multiple sources gives my work a three-dimensional feel. The goal is always to create something memorable and beautiful.
What makes a good photograph to you?
A good photograph always tells a story, gives you a glimpse into the life of the subject, or just simply makes you feel something.
Who are your favorite artists? And why?
I love Tony Kelly for his splashy, whimsical images. Jill Greenberg is a lighting and retouching genius with amazing vision. Greg Endries is a master at creating everything from the most glamorous to the most sexy and raw imagery.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 15 min 36 sec ago
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 1 hour 21 min ago
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM