Artist Spotlight: Rowan Mersh
BY Christopher Harrity
September 03 2011 4:00 AM ET
A collaborative project with Sarah Van Gameren, conceived as a giant timepiece — 100,000 matchsticks were aligned like dominoes and set ablaze. The installation was designed to burn for 12 hours, enabling the time to be taken via the kinetic movement of the flame.
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'