Artist Spotlight: Rowan Mersh
BY Christopher Harrity
September 03 2011 4:00 AM ET
A collaborative project with Sarah Van Gameren, conceived as a giant timepiece — 100,000 matchsticks were aligned like dominoes and set ablaze. The installation was designed to burn for 12 hours, enabling the time to be taken via the kinetic movement of the flame.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 5 Most Disappointing Things We Learned About HRC's 'White Men's Club'