Artist Spotlight: Rowan Mersh
BY Christopher Harrity
September 03 2011 4:00 AM ET
Fabric sculpture commissioned by George Frack for the opening of Great Western Studios. Derived from Parkinson's Law ("work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion") and created utilizing a self-developed technique, "the innate spiral," from which it is possible to generate an organically spiraling three-dimensional structure from a tube of stretch jersey and encompassed object. Currently measuring eight meters in length and up to 2.5 meters in width, Parkinson's Law is set to grow in size each time it is exhibited. Constructed from rubber balls and knitted stretch jersey.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word