Artist Spotlight: Rowan Mersh
BY Christopher Harrity
September 03 2011 4:00 AM ET
A series of 12 wall-based canvases (90cm x 90cm) created utilizing a self-developed technique to permanently form any given fabric into any given shape. Molds for the canvases were created from adapted Ikea products such as a bed, a table and a chair cut into sections, with the intention of creating a paradox between the mass-produced and the uniquely handcrafted.
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men