Artist Spotlight: Yannis Tsarouchis
BY Christopher Harrity
September 10 2011 4:00 AM ET
"This painting was taken down on the last day of e exhibition on the orders of the police, on the grounds that it was insulting to the Greek army. If we had not taken it down the Military Police would have come and smashed everything to smithereens in the Zappeion where it was displayed. Note that the same exhibition contained a mythological painting by K. Xenakis, depicting a satyr with an erection, which did not disturb the police at all." — Yannis Tsarouchis
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Jamie Foxx Called Out for Crossing Line on Bruce Jenner Jokes
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'