Artist Spotlight: Wes Hempel
BY Christopher Harrity
October 08 2011 4:00 AM ET
Hempel: A take on a painting by the same name by Venezuelan painter Pedro Centeno Vallenilla (born: Barcelona 1904, died: Caracas 1988). As part of my ongoing project of reenvisioning art history from a gay perspective, I’ve replaced the nude female in the original (lying on the branch to the left) with a nude male.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Tenn. Pastor Accused of Gay Tryst Now Charged With Lifting From Church
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland