Celebration of Craftswomen
BY Christopher Harrity
November 05 2011 4:00 AM ET
For the past three decades, The Women’s Building Celebration of Craftswomen has allowed Bay Area residents, along with visitors of San Francisco from around the world, to discover the work of the nation’s best female artisans and fine artists.
The Celebration of Craftswomen is San Francisco’s largest holiday fine crafts retail fair, and the largest event celebrating the craft of women in the nation. The event is sponsored by and is a benefit for The Women’s Building, a community service center serving women and girls in San Francisco.
Featured at the Celebration of Craftswomen are contemporary and traditional handcrafted items, including ceramic and glass vessels, sculpture, stone and precious metal jewelry, clothing, photography, and art.
The Crafts fair also offers live music, gourmet food, a benefit raffle, demonstrations, and a silent auction.
The dates this year are November 11, 12, and 13. The new location is the Fort Mason Center, Festival Pavilion, San Francisco.
For more information: CelebrationofCraftswomen.org.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 52 min 5 sec ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 1 hour 33 min ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 1 hour 35 min ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 1 hour 36 min ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 1 hour 45 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 1 hour 55 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 2 hours 4 min ago