Public Art, Private Expression
BY Christopher Harrity
July 20 2013 4:00 AM ET
Jared French, Lunchtime with Early Miners, 1938, U.S. Post Office Building, Plymouth
French painted the only nude in New Deal post office murals, despite warnings by government officials.
Jared French, The Far West, less nudity, but even less restraint
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers