In the Galleries: Man Made
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 22 2013 9:32 AM ET
In this exhibit New Mexico artists Richard Campiglio, Michael Freed, Adam Rosen, Paulo Tavares, and Triesch Voelker seek to explore the continuum of masculinity and "male identity" while dispelling the status quo perception that men are simple, myopic creatures who crave only food, sex and sleep.
This is the inaugural show for Offroad Productions, a quarterly exhibition venue featuring artists who are creating work outside the traditional gallery purview and promoting the acquisition of these works by collectors who are interested in supporting contemporary artists working outside the box. Founded by Michael Freed, Offroad Productions is an attempt at filling the void which has developed in the art arena suffering in today's economy.
The Man Made show opened July 20th at the Offroad Productions site, 2891-B Trades West Road just off Siler Road. The exhibit can be seen through the following week by appointment by calling Freed at 505-670-9276.
Adam Rosen, sculpture grouping, mixed media, found objects, ranging 3" to 6" height
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 10 min 15 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 16 min 15 sec ago
- Sports WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers 7:04 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 6:00 AM
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM