The Golden Age of Denial: Hercules, the Bisexual Demigod
BY Christopher Harrity
August 14 2013 6:05 AM ET
Above: Editor's choice for the best modern-day Hercules: Steve Reeves. At the peak of his carrer he was the highest-paid actor in Europe. In 1957, Reeves went to Italy and played the lead character in Pietro Francisci's Hercules. The film was a success, grossing $5 million in the United States alone in 1959. Its commercial success led to a 1959 sequel, Hercules Unchained.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman