The Golden Age of Denial: Hercules, the Bisexual Demigod
BY Christopher Harrity
August 14 2013 6:05 AM ET
Above: Editor's choice for the best modern-day Hercules: Steve Reeves. At the peak of his carrer he was the highest-paid actor in Europe. In 1957, Reeves went to Italy and played the lead character in Pietro Francisci's Hercules. The film was a success, grossing $5 million in the United States alone in 1959. Its commercial success led to a 1959 sequel, Hercules Unchained.
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?