11 Amazing Young Queer Artists You Should Know
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2013 2:13 PM ET UPDATED: November 04 2013 4:36 PM ET
Natalia Leite is an artist and filmmaker born and raised in São Paulo, Brazil. She began her career showcasing art films in galleries in São Paulo and San Francisco. Since moving to New York in 2006, she has directed music videos, documentariss, and short films that have screened in numerous festivals internationally. She is currently working on her first feature film, Bare, produced by Derrick Tseng (Prince Avalanche, Party Monster), Alexandra Roxo, and Dahlia Heyman. She is also codirecting a documentary called Shooting Serrano, produced by VICE, the comedy web series Be Here Nowish, and a pilot for a VICE series called Every Woman. She is a recipient of the Kodak Student Grant Award and a Sundance Screenwriters Lab finalist. Her work can be seen on GotPurpleMilk.com.
Leite will be working with her mentor, narrative filmmaker Rose Troche on her first feature-length film, about a young woman living life to the fullest in Nevada.
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 42 min 58 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 57 min 21 sec ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 17 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM