11 Amazing Young Queer Artists You Should Know
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2013 1:13 PM ET UPDATED: November 04 2013 3:36 PM ET
Nicole Goodwin was the recipient of City College’s Riggs Gold Medal Essay Award for 2011, finalist for the Poets House’s 2013 Poets House Emerging Poets Fellowship Program, and a fellow of the North Country Institute and Retreat for Writers of Color. She is the former editor of the Escriba/Write, winner of the 2006 CCHA Eastern Region Small Journal Award. A single mother, she earned her BA in English and Anthropology from City College of New York in June 2011. Recently, she published an article “Talking with My Daughter…” for the New York Times Parents Blog, and she will be featured in the upcoming documentary film Tough Love.
Goodwin will be working with her mentor, writer Jaime Manrique, on a poetic project exploring gender and race identity and homeless LGBTQ youth.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 2 hours 50 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM