IMAGES: Head to Bent-Con for the Geekiest Gay Art
BY Christopher Harrity
November 08 2013 5:00 AM ET
Bent-Con’s 2013 Pop-Up Gallery Exhibition is made up of artworks created by professional, emerging, and amateur artists alike, each celebrating all things geek.
Entries selected for their 2013 show will be juried by a panel of special convention “Gaylebrities” in various categories. The gallery also features hand-selected artworks from professional artists who have exhibited a commitment to Bent-Con’s vision of promoting and celebrating LGBT contributions in pop culture, sci-fi, horror, comics, fantasy, gaming, and geekdom.
In addition to the Pop-Up Gallery Exhibition, the Gallery Committee is partnering once again with renowned artist Miguel Angel Reyes of the Tom of Finland Foundation to host a series of cosplay figure drawing sessions throughout the convention aptly called Live Action Figure Draw sessions.
Convention doors open at 3 p.m. Friday at the Los Angeles Burbank Marriott Airport and Convention Center. The gallery reception starts at 7 p.m. The awards ceremony is scheduled for 4 p.m. Sunday
Click through for more entries in the Bent-Con Pop-Up Gallery Exhibition >>>
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 18 Stars Who Prove Queer People Can (Classic) Rock