In the Mood: Varieties of Valentine's Love
BY Christopher Harrity
February 08 2014 5:00 AM ET
Whether you believe that love is a thief in the night, that love stinks, or is a battlefield, or that love means never having to say you're sorry, this is the time of year when love is in the air. Love can take many forms and expressions — it can be an elevated spiritual experience, it can feel like a gut-wrenching ache, and everyone knows that a great love affair can change the course of history.
Perhaps no one is better suited to illustrate the amazing power of love, than our contributing artists and photographers. These images, collected from The Advocate's ongoing Artist Spotlight series, show the range of love: from sweet and tender, to raging, heart-racing, and all-consuming.
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 23 min 11 sec ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 30 min 26 sec ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 37 min 10 sec ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 42 min 11 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 1 hour 34 min ago
- Sports Brooklyn Nets Stick with Jason Collins 1 hour 42 min ago
- Television Billy Eichner: Wants to Marry Meryl Streep & Get Down With Judi Dench 1 hour 46 min ago