Collecting Men: Early 20th-Century Figurative Art
BY Christopher Harrity
March 31 2014 5:30 AM ET
Limited Edition Shelf With Symbolist Prints by Adolfo Magrini
Extraordinarily rare, this rosewood and brass shelf unit incorporates a pair of symbolist/art nouveau prints featuring male nudes playing highly stylized lyres by Adolfo Magrini. The shelf unit maintains its original labels from Milan, indicating that the prints were two of a set published in the fourth volume of the Modelli D'Arte Decorativa. The shelf was one of a limited edition produced by Bestetti and Tumminelli in Milan. Magrini is known for his sensuous paintings and graphics, including murals, posters and illustrations, influenced by art nouveau and the other great movements of the day.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?