Artist Spotlight: Jess Dugan
BY Christopher Harrity
September 24 2011 3:00 AM ET
Jess T. Dugan is a large-format portrait photographer whose work explores issues of gender, identity, and shared humanity.
Born in Mississippi and raised in Arkansas, she then spent 12 years in Boston, where she studied photography at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design and Museum Studies at Harvard University. She currently lives in Chicago and is pursuing her MFA in photography at Columbia College Chicago.
Jess’s photographs are regularly exhibited nationwide and are in the permanent collection of the Harvard Art Museums and the Michele and Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts. Her work was recently exhibited at Gallery Kayafas in Boston and at the Michael Mazzeo Gallery in New York City.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 2 hours 55 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 5:49 PM