Artist Spotlight: Jess Dugan
BY Christopher Harrity
September 24 2011 4:00 AM ET
Jess T. Dugan is a large-format portrait photographer whose work explores issues of gender, identity, and shared humanity.
Born in Mississippi and raised in Arkansas, she then spent 12 years in Boston, where she studied photography at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design and Museum Studies at Harvard University. She currently lives in Chicago and is pursuing her MFA in photography at Columbia College Chicago.
Jess’s photographs are regularly exhibited nationwide and are in the permanent collection of the Harvard Art Museums and the Michele and Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts. Her work was recently exhibited at Gallery Kayafas in Boston and at the Michael Mazzeo Gallery in New York City.
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club 1 hour 3 min ago
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 2 hours 51 min ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 6:51 PM
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 6:20 PM
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM