Artist Spotlight: Jess Dugan
BY Christopher Harrity
September 24 2011 4:00 AM ET
Jess T. Dugan is a large-format portrait photographer whose work explores issues of gender, identity, and shared humanity.
Born in Mississippi and raised in Arkansas, she then spent 12 years in Boston, where she studied photography at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design and Museum Studies at Harvard University. She currently lives in Chicago and is pursuing her MFA in photography at Columbia College Chicago.
Jess’s photographs are regularly exhibited nationwide and are in the permanent collection of the Harvard Art Museums and the Michele and Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts. Her work was recently exhibited at Gallery Kayafas in Boston and at the Michael Mazzeo Gallery in New York City.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes
- LISTEN: Santorum Frothing Mad That LGBT Activists Have 'Silenced the Church'