Artist Spotlight: Jess Dugan
BY Christopher Harrity
September 24 2011 3:00 AM ET
Jess T. Dugan is a large-format portrait photographer whose work explores issues of gender, identity, and shared humanity.
Born in Mississippi and raised in Arkansas, she then spent 12 years in Boston, where she studied photography at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design and Museum Studies at Harvard University. She currently lives in Chicago and is pursuing her MFA in photography at Columbia College Chicago.
Jess’s photographs are regularly exhibited nationwide and are in the permanent collection of the Harvard Art Museums and the Michele and Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts. Her work was recently exhibited at Gallery Kayafas in Boston and at the Michael Mazzeo Gallery in New York City.
- Parenting Forum Shows Key Role of Parents in Winning Rights for Gays and Lesbians in China 0 sec ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 7 min 55 sec ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 1 hour 41 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 1 hour 44 min ago
- Travel Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin 1 hour 55 min ago
- Sports WATCH: Sportscaster Denies Calling Kansas Jayhawks 'Gayhawks' 2 hours 25 min ago
- Music 6 New Christmas Albums To Get You In the Holiday Mood 2 hours 53 min ago