Artist Spotlight: Jess Dugan
BY Christopher Harrity
September 24 2011 4:00 AM ET
Jess T. Dugan is a large-format portrait photographer whose work explores issues of gender, identity, and shared humanity.
Born in Mississippi and raised in Arkansas, she then spent 12 years in Boston, where she studied photography at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design and Museum Studies at Harvard University. She currently lives in Chicago and is pursuing her MFA in photography at Columbia College Chicago.
Jess’s photographs are regularly exhibited nationwide and are in the permanent collection of the Harvard Art Museums and the Michele and Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts. Her work was recently exhibited at Gallery Kayafas in Boston and at the Michael Mazzeo Gallery in New York City.
- Op-ed: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
- One Book to Change Them All
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- God and the Gay Christian: Southern Baptist Leader Objects
- Millennials Losing Their Religion, Keeping God
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry