Artist Spotlight: Kris Knight
BY Christopher Harrity
February 16 2013 6:18 AM ET
Frolic, 2011, oil on canvas, 30x36"
Kris Knight is a Canadian painter whose work examines androgyny, psychotropic alterations, and the post-modern gaze. Knight paints characters that are lost between youth and adulthood. His mythical and ambiguous portraits are a blend of fantasy and real-world memory. Knight's works strides between a contradicting palette of sensual primaries and ghostly pastels, reflecting his interest in 18th Century French portraiture.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.