Artist Spotlight: Kris Knight
BY Christopher Harrity
February 16 2013 6:18 AM ET
Frolic, 2011, oil on canvas, 30x36"
Kris Knight is a Canadian painter whose work examines androgyny, psychotropic alterations, and the post-modern gaze. Knight paints characters that are lost between youth and adulthood. His mythical and ambiguous portraits are a blend of fantasy and real-world memory. Knight's works strides between a contradicting palette of sensual primaries and ghostly pastels, reflecting his interest in 18th Century French portraiture.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- WATCH: Michael Sam Should 'Gay It Up,' Says Daily Show
- Rams Coach, Players Still Leery After ESPN's Michael Sam Shower Report