Artist Spotlight: Kris Knight
BY Christopher Harrity
February 16 2013 6:18 AM ET
Frolic, 2011, oil on canvas, 30x36"
Kris Knight is a Canadian painter whose work examines androgyny, psychotropic alterations, and the post-modern gaze. Knight paints characters that are lost between youth and adulthood. His mythical and ambiguous portraits are a blend of fantasy and real-world memory. Knight's works strides between a contradicting palette of sensual primaries and ghostly pastels, reflecting his interest in 18th Century French portraiture.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod