Artist Spotlight: Eugene Jansson
BY Christopher Harrity
March 09 2013 6:00 AM ET
Above: A gallery showing of Jansson's work indicated the scale of the paintings.
Jansson produced several monumental paintings depicting the same bath-house, and continued painting naked athletes until an attack of cerebral haemorrhage ended his life. As homosexuality was illegal in Sweden until 1944 his brother, Adrian Jansson, a homosexual, survived Eugène by many years, destroyed all his letters and many other papers, possibly to avoid scandal.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- One Book to Change Them All
- Millennials Losing Their Religion, Keeping God
- God and the Gay Christian: Southern Baptist Leader Objects
- Oregon Marriage Ban Goes to Court Today, Without NOM's Defense
- WATCH: Mayor's Antigay Remarks 'Crushing,' Says Fired Police Chief