Artist Spotlight: Marc Ohrem-Leclef
BY Christopher Harrity
April 27 2013 3:00 AM ET
As I immerse myself in their element, I gain a deeper understanding of the choreography they move to, both emotionally and physically. Whether that choreography is drawn by tradition or a certain work flow, I attempt to remain a respectful observer; attentive to the moments when a facade (the pressure of a certain role they play within their community), falls off my subjects and I can reveal an ambiguity, vulnerability and tenderness — youth instead of manhood, worship instead of fight, beauty beyond of where it manifests itself in immediate physicality.
It is those unexpected moments that I hope to reveal.
I believe that these fleeting moments of suspense, before a tipping point is reached, tell a more nuanced story than moments of resolution.
— Marc Ohrem-Leclef
For more information on Ohrem-Leclef and his work check his Web site.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Why God Loves Uganda Should Win That Oscar
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM