Artist Spotlight: David Trullo
BY Christopher Harrity
June 15 2013 3:00 AM ET
Double Olympia, 2008, diptych, C-print, 63 x 28 cm each
Double Olympia (2008) pays tribute to Manet’s famous painting of 1863. A series of intimate genre portraits where another type of "pairing off" is seen; a ritual of marriage or friendship, a ceremony that sanctifies affection, certifying the special bonds betwwen two people who complement each other or whose roles are interchangeable.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6