Artist Spotlight: David Trullo
BY Christopher Harrity
June 15 2013 4:00 AM ET
Double Olympia, 2008, diptych, C-print, 63 x 28 cm each
Double Olympia (2008) pays tribute to Manet’s famous painting of 1863. A series of intimate genre portraits where another type of "pairing off" is seen; a ritual of marriage or friendship, a ceremony that sanctifies affection, certifying the special bonds betwwen two people who complement each other or whose roles are interchangeable.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'