Artist Spotlight: Jon Uriarte
BY Christopher Harrity
July 13 2013 4:00 AM ET
Jon Uriarte's ideas behind the photos from his series "The men under the influence..." are stated below. But we found that looking at his work arroused many more intepretations and ideas. Like Rorschach ink blots, it's hard not to attach ideas to these simple images.
Carlos & Ainara
Jon Uriarte's statement (in both English and Spanish) below:
"The men under the influence..." addresses the recent change in roles in heterosexual relationships from the relationships of our predecessors and how those changes have affected men in particular. the photos attempt to capture men's sense of loss reference, now that women have taken a step forward and have finally come into their own as equal partners. The project consists of full-length portraits of men wearing the clothes of their girlfriends or wives, taken in the space shared by the couple.
"The men under the influence..." incide en el reciente cambio de roles en las relaciones de pareja heterosexuales. Busca representar la sensación de pérdida de referencias por parte del hombre cuando se relaciona con mujeres que han dado un paso mas allá conquistando, por fin, un espacio propio y cómo ese triunfo por parte de ellas, crea una sensación de extravío en ellos. El proyecto se compone de retratos de hombres vestidos con la ropa de sus parejas, realizados en sus espacios compartidos.
To see more of Uriarte's work, go to: JonUriarte.es
Click through for more from this series >>>
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM