Artist Spotlight: Jon Uriarte
BY Christopher Harrity
July 13 2013 3:00 AM ET
Jon Uriarte's ideas behind the photos from his series "The men under the influence..." are stated below. But we found that looking at his work arroused many more intepretations and ideas. Like Rorschach ink blots, it's hard not to attach ideas to these simple images.
Carlos & Ainara
Jon Uriarte's statement (in both English and Spanish) below:
"The men under the influence..." addresses the recent change in roles in heterosexual relationships from the relationships of our predecessors and how those changes have affected men in particular. the photos attempt to capture men's sense of loss reference, now that women have taken a step forward and have finally come into their own as equal partners. The project consists of full-length portraits of men wearing the clothes of their girlfriends or wives, taken in the space shared by the couple.
"The men under the influence..." incide en el reciente cambio de roles en las relaciones de pareja heterosexuales. Busca representar la sensación de pérdida de referencias por parte del hombre cuando se relaciona con mujeres que han dado un paso mas allá conquistando, por fin, un espacio propio y cómo ese triunfo por parte de ellas, crea una sensación de extravío en ellos. El proyecto se compone de retratos de hombres vestidos con la ropa de sus parejas, realizados en sus espacios compartidos.
To see more of Uriarte's work, go to: JonUriarte.es
Click through for more from this series >>>
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- You Think You’re Worried?
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM