Artist Spotlight: Jon Uriarte
BY Christopher Harrity
July 13 2013 3:00 AM ET
Jon Uriarte's ideas behind the photos from his series "The men under the influence..." are stated below. But we found that looking at his work arroused many more intepretations and ideas. Like Rorschach ink blots, it's hard not to attach ideas to these simple images.
Carlos & Ainara
Jon Uriarte's statement (in both English and Spanish) below:
"The men under the influence..." addresses the recent change in roles in heterosexual relationships from the relationships of our predecessors and how those changes have affected men in particular. the photos attempt to capture men's sense of loss reference, now that women have taken a step forward and have finally come into their own as equal partners. The project consists of full-length portraits of men wearing the clothes of their girlfriends or wives, taken in the space shared by the couple.
"The men under the influence..." incide en el reciente cambio de roles en las relaciones de pareja heterosexuales. Busca representar la sensación de pérdida de referencias por parte del hombre cuando se relaciona con mujeres que han dado un paso mas allá conquistando, por fin, un espacio propio y cómo ese triunfo por parte de ellas, crea una sensación de extravío en ellos. El proyecto se compone de retratos de hombres vestidos con la ropa de sus parejas, realizados en sus espacios compartidos.
To see more of Uriarte's work, go to: JonUriarte.es
Click through for more from this series >>>
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 38 min 40 sec ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 1 hour 39 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 2 hours 38 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 2 hours 39 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM