Artist Spotlight: John Koch
BY Christopher Harrity
July 27 2013 7:29 AM ET
The Sculptor, 1964. Perhaps the most revelatory of Koch's self-portraits. It almost dares you to make a conclusion. From the stance of the model, to the gesture of the cigarette, intimacy steams from the canvas. Then there is the detail (see next page) of the posing strap string, delicately resting on the upper curve of the model's buttocks. And what about the calipers?
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges