Artist Spotlight: Darren Jones
BY Christopher Harrity
August 10 2013 4:00 AM ET
Economic Growth, 2013
3.5" x 3.5"
Each flower is created from 3 single dollar bills and emerges from the foliage in the Pines. This work can be seen as a comment on the level of privilege or financial ability associated with being in a wealthy beach locale, or the fantasy that the Pines has always represented. It is up to the viewer to decide if he may, or will take the flowers, if they will be spent as cash or kept as art.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Ugandan LGBT-rights Activist Granted Asylum
- Decades of Old Research Leads to Possible HIV Vaccine For Kids
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives