Artist Spotlight: Darren Jones
BY Christopher Harrity
August 10 2013 4:00 AM ET
Economic Growth, 2013
3.5" x 3.5"
Each flower is created from 3 single dollar bills and emerges from the foliage in the Pines. This work can be seen as a comment on the level of privilege or financial ability associated with being in a wealthy beach locale, or the fantasy that the Pines has always represented. It is up to the viewer to decide if he may, or will take the flowers, if they will be spent as cash or kept as art.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community