Artist Spotlight: Darren Jones
BY Christopher Harrity
August 10 2013 4:00 AM ET
Economic Growth, 2013
3.5" x 3.5"
Each flower is created from 3 single dollar bills and emerges from the foliage in the Pines. This work can be seen as a comment on the level of privilege or financial ability associated with being in a wealthy beach locale, or the fantasy that the Pines has always represented. It is up to the viewer to decide if he may, or will take the flowers, if they will be spent as cash or kept as art.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Beautiful Mind Mathematician John Nash Dies in Car Crash