Artist Spotlight: Sara Swaty
BY Christopher Harrity
September 07 2013 4:00 AM ET
“I see gender as very individual. We each have our own special mix of yin and yang, especially within our spirit. For some, gender is fluid; for others, it is pretty static. It is a gift to be born trans, to experience both in one lifetime, and to express both to the world.
“I began taking testosterone on April 21, 2011. I took this step after thinking about it for two years, and the decision was, in the end, a very simple one. Did I want to keep thinking about what I could become — a happier, fuller, more complete and whole version of myself? Or did I want to actually become that person? I had to honor my true self, and now I have two birthdays.”
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments