Artist Spotlight: Hector de Gregorio
BY Christopher Harrity
February 05 2014 3:15 PM ET
Hector De Gregorio's portraits started popping up in the Facebook feed and the Tumblr dashboard like missives from a new ecstatic church, but a church with all the big-time emotions of Catholicism and none of the finger-wagging restraints. So we sought out his work. We like no restraints.
Working in a layered and time-consuming series of mediums to create his portraits, the process of planning and the creating becomes a works of art in itself. Research, costume design, photography, painting, collage, and digital enhancement all create operatic works of ecstatic moments.
The London artist has exhibited widely, with shows in London, Berlin, Milan, New York, Miami, and Chicago.
Hector de Gregorio
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban