Artist Spotlight: Michael Charles
BY Christopher Harrity
March 01 2014 5:00 AM ET
Michael Charles understands the histrionics of drag performance, and so his photos not only depict the outrageousness of these transformative artists, but he gives them storyline to boot. Operatic may be overused as a descriptive word, but it's hard not to hear Maria Callas singing in the background of these tableaux extra-vivants.
He will be exhibiting his work at RAW in New York City, opening March 7 (7 p.m. to 1 a.m., the Cutting Room, 44 E. 32nd St., New York, 21 and over only.)
Check out his Tumblr blog for all the drama you can stand.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Santorum Campaign Low on Funds, Losing Staffers
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again