Artist Spotlight: Michael Charles
BY Christopher Harrity
March 01 2014 5:00 AM ET
Michael Charles understands the histrionics of drag performance, and so his photos not only depict the outrageousness of these transformative artists, but he gives them storyline to boot. Operatic may be overused as a descriptive word, but it's hard not to hear Maria Callas singing in the background of these tableaux extra-vivants.
He will be exhibiting his work at RAW in New York City, opening March 7 (7 p.m. to 1 a.m., the Cutting Room, 44 E. 32nd St., New York, 21 and over only.)
Check out his Tumblr blog for all the drama you can stand.
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.