Artist Spotlight: Michael Charles
BY Christopher Harrity
March 01 2014 5:00 AM ET
Michael Charles understands the histrionics of drag performance, and so his photos not only depict the outrageousness of these transformative artists, but he gives them storyline to boot. Operatic may be overused as a descriptive word, but it's hard not to hear Maria Callas singing in the background of these tableaux extra-vivants.
He will be exhibiting his work at RAW in New York City, opening March 7 (7 p.m. to 1 a.m., the Cutting Room, 44 E. 32nd St., New York, 21 and over only.)
Check out his Tumblr blog for all the drama you can stand.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- WATCH: Texas Couple Who Sued for Marriage License Will Now Receive It
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant