Artist Spotlight: Michael Charles
BY Christopher Harrity
March 01 2014 4:00 AM ET
Michael Charles understands the histrionics of drag performance, and so his photos not only depict the outrageousness of these transformative artists, but he gives them storyline to boot. Operatic may be overused as a descriptive word, but it's hard not to hear Maria Callas singing in the background of these tableaux extra-vivants.
He will be exhibiting his work at RAW in New York City, opening March 7 (7 p.m. to 1 a.m., the Cutting Room, 44 E. 32nd St., New York, 21 and over only.)
Check out his Tumblr blog for all the drama you can stand.
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers