Artist Spotlight: Otho Cushing
BY Christopher Harrity
April 12 2014 3:00 AM ET
Reading berween the lines: A 1908 New York Times piece on a party hosted by Cushing and fellow illustrator C. Allan Gilbert (famous for a work entitled All Is Vanity of a woman seeing a skull reflected in her vanity mirror.) "The guests were mostly artist, actors, and writers."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'