The Gay Men Project
BY Christopher Harrity
March 04 2014 6:00 AM ET
George, Painter, New York City
George, in his own words: “I would imagine that for other gay men, the fact that they 'happen to be gay' might be more of a non-issue. But for me, I came to NYC years ago to help me more fully realize my attraction for visual arts. What I’ve found this to look like is a search for Beauty, and an overwhelming desire to make things that I feel are Beautiful, and then to show those things to others."
Kechi, Designer, New York City
Kechi, in his own words: “Being gay is the ultimate quest of finding self-worth with or without the validation of outside sources. Be it family, peers, society, etc. Just as well it means knowing who you are, what you’re about, and what you are capable of despite what the world and your current situation tells you."
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Priest Dismissed by Catholic College Comes Out as Gay
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland