Artist Spotlight: Michael Petry
BY Christopher Harrity
March 17 2012 2:00 AM ET
The exhibit DOGMA was curated by Predrag Pajdic in Zagreb, Croatia, formerly part of Yugoslavia. The exhibition looked at the relationship between religion and conflict. I made several works that directly looked at creation myths appropriate to many of the religions involved in that conflict and others that had come from recent religious wars.
A biblical creation myth recounts a god making Adam from earth, and for Fingering God I inserted my fingers into wet casting sand and the resultant hole was filled with molten glass. — M.P.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island