Artist Spotlight: Michael Petry
BY Christopher Harrity
March 17 2012 2:00 AM ET
The exhibit DOGMA was curated by Predrag Pajdic in Zagreb, Croatia, formerly part of Yugoslavia. The exhibition looked at the relationship between religion and conflict. I made several works that directly looked at creation myths appropriate to many of the religions involved in that conflict and others that had come from recent religious wars.
A biblical creation myth recounts a god making Adam from earth, and for Fingering God I inserted my fingers into wet casting sand and the resultant hole was filled with molten glass. — M.P.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- WATCH: This Dancing Cop Is Absolutely New York's Finest!