Artist Spotlight: Michael Petry
BY Christopher Harrity
March 17 2012 2:00 AM ET
The exhibit DOGMA was curated by Predrag Pajdic in Zagreb, Croatia, formerly part of Yugoslavia. The exhibition looked at the relationship between religion and conflict. I made several works that directly looked at creation myths appropriate to many of the religions involved in that conflict and others that had come from recent religious wars.
A biblical creation myth recounts a god making Adam from earth, and for Fingering God I inserted my fingers into wet casting sand and the resultant hole was filled with molten glass. — M.P.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?