BY Josh Hinkle
January 19 2012 4:25 PM ET
Only three years after leaving Broadway, Rent is being reinvented for a new audience just a few blocks away. Adam Chanler-Berat, who stars in the musical as Mark, told Out that being in the reimagined, updated version of the show will be a great way to reach out to younger audiences.
"To young people, I think that it's a story about growing up, it's a story about becoming independent, and you know, leaving your family of origin and creating a new family of your own," Chanler-Berat said.
Watch his interview with Out below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses