Top 10: Broadway's Best Cast Albums Ever
BY Winston Gieseke
January 24 2012 5:00 AM ET
While not as well known as some of the others on this list, this one act off-Broadway musical with book, music, and lyrics by Jason Robert Brown tells the story of a couple’s five-year relationship — but with a twist: The man’s story runs chronologically from beginning to end, while the woman’s telling of the same relationship runs simultaneously backwards from breakup to meeting. The songs are both funny (“Shiksa Goddess”) and touching (“A Part of That”) as performed by the divinely talented Norbert Leo Butz and Sherie René Scott. Catch me in the right mood and “If I Didn’t Believe in You” — in which the man tries one last time to convince his wife that she’s worthy of being loved — will literally make me weep.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent