Staff Remembers: Best of Broadway
BY Josh Hinkle
February 03 2012 5:00 AM ET
"I got into an epic fight with my boyfriend the week of our four-year anniversary. I completely screwed up. I mean, it was truly a dumpable offense. But weeks beforehand, he bought tickets for us to see Wicked on our anniversary. I felt incredibly guilty, and he was barely speaking to me, but money was really tight back then, so we got dressed up, got in the car, drove down to the Pantages Theater in Hollywood, and ended up having the most amazing night. I was so compelled by [the] story, and he couldn't stop singing the songs. We even sung a little in the car on the way home. Wicked is one of my favorite musicals on its own, but I also give it a little credit for keeping us together." —Michelle Garcia, Associate Editor
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule