PHOTOS: Something Philanthropic to Look at While You Wait for the Supreme Court
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 25 2013 5:30 PM ET
Broadway Bares 23: United Strips of America, a randy road trip of modern-day burlesque featuring 220 of New York's sexiest dancers, raised an all-time record on Sunday to benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
The 23rd edition of the consistently sold-out annual show hit $1,430,241 by celebrating America's fruited plains and mountains majesties with a host of spectacular stripteases. As more than 6,000 people packed Roseland Ballroom for two performances on June 23, they discovered and uncovered beach babes in California, a sexy Chicago speakeasy, sassy sister wives and a nearly naked groom in Utah, a sensual under sea adventure in Maine, rowdy cheerleaders riding stripped-down Texas cowboys, and more.
With this year's record total, the 23 editions of Broadway Bares have now raised more than $11.3 million for Broadway Cares.
This year's edition of Broadway Bares was directed by Nick Kenkel (Catch Me If You Can, Peepshow, Legally Blonde). Broadway Bares was created by Tony Award-winning director and choreographer Jerry Mitchell (Kinky Boots) who serves as executive producer. It was produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS led by Producing Director Michael Graziano. BroadwayBares.com
Click through for some Broadway Bares photos,
and remember — it's for charity!
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM