PHOTOS: A Burlesque for Every Month of the Year
BY Christopher Harrity
January 28 2014 3:54 PM ET
Opening Number: Christopher Sieber and Company
We know you've been waiting for the return of Broadway Bares. The 24th season kicked off Sunday with another scintillating show, raising $32,781 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
A standing-room-only crowd at New York City's XL Nightclub watched this year's edition of Winter Burlesque, dubbed "Calendar Girl." A live-action pinup calendar never disappoints no matter what your favorite month. The opening number featured two-time Tony Award nominee and Bares favorite Christopher Sieber (Pippin, Shrek the Musical, Spamalot), and the finale included recording artist and Broadway veteran Matt Zarley. The cast offered 25 of New York's most talented and sexy dancers.
See photos from each month of the year on the following pages, plus video on the last page.
January: Julius C. Carter and Company (Ryan Worsing, Rashaan James II, Matthew Rossoff, and Sidney Erik Wright)
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word