PHOTOS: A Burlesque for Every Month of the Year
BY Christopher Harrity
January 28 2014 3:54 PM ET
Opening Number: Christopher Sieber and Company
We know you've been waiting for the return of Broadway Bares. The 24th season kicked off Sunday with another scintillating show, raising $32,781 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
A standing-room-only crowd at New York City's XL Nightclub watched this year's edition of Winter Burlesque, dubbed "Calendar Girl." A live-action pinup calendar never disappoints no matter what your favorite month. The opening number featured two-time Tony Award nominee and Bares favorite Christopher Sieber (Pippin, Shrek the Musical, Spamalot), and the finale included recording artist and Broadway veteran Matt Zarley. The cast offered 25 of New York's most talented and sexy dancers.
See photos from each month of the year on the following pages, plus video on the last page.
January: Julius C. Carter and Company (Ryan Worsing, Rashaan James II, Matthew Rossoff, and Sidney Erik Wright)
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 1 min 12 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 1 min 13 sec ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 1 min 23 sec ago
- Politics Kenyan Lesbian Granted Asylum in U.S. 1 min 40 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Methodist Church Drops Charges Against Minister 22 min 18 sec ago
- Media WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer' 52 min 22 sec ago
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 1 hour 35 min ago