PHOTOS: A Burlesque for Every Month of the Year
BY Christopher Harrity
January 28 2014 3:54 PM ET
Opening Number: Christopher Sieber and Company
We know you've been waiting for the return of Broadway Bares. The 24th season kicked off Sunday with another scintillating show, raising $32,781 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
A standing-room-only crowd at New York City's XL Nightclub watched this year's edition of Winter Burlesque, dubbed "Calendar Girl." A live-action pinup calendar never disappoints no matter what your favorite month. The opening number featured two-time Tony Award nominee and Bares favorite Christopher Sieber (Pippin, Shrek the Musical, Spamalot), and the finale included recording artist and Broadway veteran Matt Zarley. The cast offered 25 of New York's most talented and sexy dancers.
See photos from each month of the year on the following pages, plus video on the last page.
January: Julius C. Carter and Company (Ryan Worsing, Rashaan James II, Matthew Rossoff, and Sidney Erik Wright)
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series