BY Advocate.com Editors
October 30 2009 5:05 PM ET
Glee (Wednesdays, 9 p.m., Fox) — Because every gay boy who ever got dumped on for being gay in high school only wishes he’d had a band of misfits like this to back him up. Plus some of those misfits are pretty damn smokin’ (Puck, Finn — talking about you). And you can’t beat having a brand-new soundtrack to download from iTunes every Thursday morning.
FlashForward (Thursday, 8 p.m., ABC) — Beyond it being a mind trip you have to watch unfold each week, never before have we been so fascinated by a character’s outing — FBI agent Janis Hawk (Christine Woods) is interrogating a Nazi when he outs her based on a ring she wears on her thumb — or the action that follows — three make-out scenes, a proposal, and a shoot-out ... in one episode. We can't wait to see what comes next.
White Collar (Fridays, 9 p.m., USA) — Interestingly, nothing is terribly gay about this show yet — the lead. Yep, actor Matt Bomer is gay, but on White Collar he plays a sexy con man on the run from the law, complete with a girlfriend and many a girl who’s interested. In fact, the entire show is marketed around his sex appeal, a first (we’re pretty sure) in Hollywood.
Modern Family (Wednesdays, 9 p.m., ABC) — For one, it’s hilarious. But aside from that, it’s great seeing a normal gay couple with a kid portrayed on network TV. Granted, they present her to the family with The Lion King’s “Circle of Life” blasting in the background, and one dad gets into a fight with a mom about Meryl Streep’s career trajectory at Gymboree, so the show isn’t without stereotype. But it’s fun all the same.
Greek (Mondays, 9 p.m., ABC Family) — Often considered the most gay-positive show on TV, Greek accurately portrays gay life in the Greek system, from hookups to breakups, girls who go gay until graduation to girls who stay that way, coming out, staying in — this show has it all. Plus the cast is mighty nice to look at too.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 32 min 33 sec ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 1 hour 27 min ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 1 hour 44 min ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 2 hours 7 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 2 hours 57 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 3:26 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM