BY Advocate.com Editors
October 30 2009 4:05 PM ET
Glee (Wednesdays, 9 p.m., Fox) — Because every gay boy who ever got dumped on for being gay in high school only wishes he’d had a band of misfits like this to back him up. Plus some of those misfits are pretty damn smokin’ (Puck, Finn — talking about you). And you can’t beat having a brand-new soundtrack to download from iTunes every Thursday morning.
FlashForward (Thursday, 8 p.m., ABC) — Beyond it being a mind trip you have to watch unfold each week, never before have we been so fascinated by a character’s outing — FBI agent Janis Hawk (Christine Woods) is interrogating a Nazi when he outs her based on a ring she wears on her thumb — or the action that follows — three make-out scenes, a proposal, and a shoot-out ... in one episode. We can't wait to see what comes next.
White Collar (Fridays, 9 p.m., USA) — Interestingly, nothing is terribly gay about this show yet — the lead. Yep, actor Matt Bomer is gay, but on White Collar he plays a sexy con man on the run from the law, complete with a girlfriend and many a girl who’s interested. In fact, the entire show is marketed around his sex appeal, a first (we’re pretty sure) in Hollywood.
Modern Family (Wednesdays, 9 p.m., ABC) — For one, it’s hilarious. But aside from that, it’s great seeing a normal gay couple with a kid portrayed on network TV. Granted, they present her to the family with The Lion King’s “Circle of Life” blasting in the background, and one dad gets into a fight with a mom about Meryl Streep’s career trajectory at Gymboree, so the show isn’t without stereotype. But it’s fun all the same.
Greek (Mondays, 9 p.m., ABC Family) — Often considered the most gay-positive show on TV, Greek accurately portrays gay life in the Greek system, from hookups to breakups, girls who go gay until graduation to girls who stay that way, coming out, staying in — this show has it all. Plus the cast is mighty nice to look at too.
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 16 min 18 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM