BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2009 4:40 PM ET
- 2012: There’s something kind of refreshing about the fact that one of the biggest movies of the year is directed by gay filmmaker Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, The Patriot). Centered on a group of survivors who fight back against apocalyptic events that were predicted by the Mayan calendar, the film stars John Cusack, Amanda Peet, and Thandie Newton. But it’s the bombastic power ballad by Idol alum Adam Lambert that’s the icing on the cake — not since Celine Dion belted out "My Heart Will Go On" has a song warranted an entire audience sitting through the last credit.
- Dare: High school seniors and best friends Alexa (Emmy Rossum) and Ben (Ashley Springer) compete for the affections of bad boy Johnny (Zach Gilford) in this complicated and compelling coming-of-age drama. Gay favorites Alan Cumming, Ana Gasteyer, and Sandra Bernhard round out the cast in this twist on the friendship between a girl and her gay.
- Women in Trouble: Few women in Hollywood have careers as varied as Carla Gugino. Known as well for her off-kilter performances (Sin City) as she is for playing the mom in kid fare (Spy Kids), here she’s one of eight “women in trouble” in an ensemble pic by Snakes on a Plane writer Sebastian Gutierrez. It’s also the first of two films in which she plays porn actress Elektra Luxx. The second, also by Gutierrez, is due next year.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM